We understand moving away from your current home may bring many questions and concerns. At Legacy Living, our goal is to make this transition as smooth as possible. We create the comfort of your home in our home. We provide you with the best possible care with in-house physicians and nurses through the Summa Healthcare network (but also work with other organizations).
There is no need to worry about another future move because we will care for you through your life changes and possible palliative care. We have the experience and dedication to walk with you through upcoming life changes.
Our privately owned assisted living residence allows your loved one to feel as comfortable as if they are living in their own home. Legacy Living serves up to 5 residents at a time, which allows us to provide individualized care and attention. Our staff handles daily chores and home-cooked meals, providing you with the peace of mind that your loved one is cared for well. Our private assisted living offers residents a small community to connect and develop friendships.
- Genuine care and compassion along with companionship that is gained through friendship
- Residency at our comfortable home with all utilities you enjoy at home
- A fully furnished suite, with additional options to meet your satisfaction
- All the household supplies and amenities needed for daily living
- Assistance with obtaining doctors, organizations, and family members
- Delicious home-cooked meals are prepared regularly
- Assistance with managing medications
- Activities catered to your lifestyle for you to enjoy
- Complete laundry care
- Assistance walking or moving, inside and out of our home
- Assistance with dressing
- Assistance with washing and bathing
- Assistance with eating
- Assistance with incontinence
- Assistance with oral hygiene, hair, mouth, nail, and ear care
- Assistance with self admission of medication
- Assistance in obtaining and maintaining proper oxygen levels and tanks
- Regular visits from the podiatrist
- The preparation of special diets prescribed by a physician
- Assistance in making and meeting appointments for you eye specialist, physical therapist, and specialist visits that meet your needs
- Please feel free to ask about assistance with unique requests.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main benefits to having private care?
With Legacy Living being a maximum five-room home, residents receive one on one care all day and night. We offer home-cooked meals three times a day. And all of your daily care needs are met.
We'd like to move quickly. What do we need to get started?
We need a current medical health assessment from your primary care physician. And as long as the Resident Application is filled out completely, we can have you ready to move in on the same day you applied. Both documents can be found on our webpage.
Am I able to stay at your facility as I age and progress into potential palliative care?
We are a full-service facility for all of your daily care needs. If you arrive and are able to walk and do most things on your own but in time need advanced care, we are here to help. There is no need to move out as you or your loved one require more care in the future. Rest assured that you will not need to move again once you call Legacy Living your home.
Can I have my own TV and free time in my room?
Yes, your suite is your private area to relax and enjoy. We encourage you to spend time with the other residents but you are allowed your time alone when necessary.
Can I bring any furniture or things from my home?
There is limited space in your private suite for large items, but we are happy to accommodate within reason of your asking.
How close is Legacy Living to doctors, hospitals, shopping, and attractions?
Legacy Living is located just off of Interstate 77 in Copley, Ohio. We are minutes from Fairlawn and Akron, allowing our residents access to best-in-class medical care, as well as many options for shopping and outings.
Akron General Cleveland Clinic Main Hospital – 15 minutes
Akron Summa Hospital – 20 minutes
Cleveland Clinic Main Hospital – 40 minutes
PT Center (physical therapy) – 5 minutes
Akron General Wellness Center – 10 minutes
Summit Mall – 5 minutes
Summit County Public Library (Fairlawn Branch)- 10 minutes
My doctor has me on a special diet so could the daily menu include options for me?
Absolutely! Once we receive the detailed instruction we will make the necessary adjustments.
Do you offer locked storage for personal items?
We have two options for your personal items. One is directly in your private suite and the second option is in a central location that can only be accessed only by the owner.
Is the facility under 24 hour surveillance?
We are fully staffed and each resident is cared for every single day of the week including weekends and holidays.
Can my Medicare payments contribute to my stay at Legacy Living?
We are a private facility but are able to work with residents on when their monthly contributions are best. Give us a call and we can talk about billing details with you.